An important concern when storing financial data online is security. Consider three questions when it comes to security:
- Can any unauthorized users access my data?
- Will my data be available when I need it?
- Can I export my data?
Preventing Unauthorized Access
Securing data from unauthorized access has been at the top of our minds when choosing technologies and building Kashoo. The following technology choices were made based on the requirement for security.
- Java – Java is technology for creating software which has the best reputation for security; because of the way web software is built-in Java, it lacks the vulnerabilities that are commonly found when using other web technologies (especially the most popular, like PHP).
- Use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) – Also called “HTTPS”, this technology encrypts all communication between your web browser and our application, making it almost impossible for anyone to try and “eavesdrop” on your passwords when you log in or data when you submit it to the server.
- Security Scanning – Our web site has been scanned for known security vulnerabilities by a third-party scanner and passed the tests.
- Firewalls – Dedicated firewall services to help block unauthorized system access and provide notification of unauthorized access attempts.
- Credit Cards – Credit card information is encrypted and maintained in a manner that is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Passwords – Passwords are encrypted during transmission and while in storage.
Our servers are hosted in state of the art data centers, which have SOC Type II certification and many security features, including:
- 24×7 security at entrances with full video facilities inspection
- Security camera monitoring at all data center locations
- Physical security audited by an independent firm
- Biometric scanning for controlled data center access
- Secure document-destruction policies for all sensitive information
- Systems access logged and tracked for auditing purposes
- Access to confidential information restricted to authorized personnel only, according to documented process
The last component of protecting your data from unauthorized access we must leave to you – please choose a strong password! The most common means by which data is compromised is by using an obvious or easy to guess password.
Ensuring Data Availability
Per our Terms of Service, we have a service level agreement which provides our promise to you to keep our services running and your data available for access. It’s important to us that we target 100% uptime. Thus, except for planned maintenance and upgrades, we’ve taken measures to ensure that the service is reliable and always available, including:
- Reliable Data Center – instead of running the service out of an ordinary office, we use a data center that provides a 100% uptime guarantee. To maintain this uptime, the data center has multiple redundant internet connections, redundant routers, and power generators.
- Backups – In the unlikely event there's a catastrophe, we keep data backups. These backups are stored in redundant data centers.
Kashoo is well suited to small businesses. But what if your business grows and Kashoo isn’t meeting your needs? Or do you like to keep a copy of your data, “just in case”?
You are able to export your business data at any time into Excel. Please refer to Export data into Excel help file on instructions on how to export data onto your computer.
We do not believe in holding our customer’s data hostage in order to keep them as customers. We believe it is important customers know that they can have an open standard backup of their data. We know that if we were customers, that would be how we would prefer things to be done.