The Bills to Pay Page
To get to the expenses page, click on Bills to Pay from the left hand navigation menu. There are 3 sections:
- Enter Bill and Enter Bill Payment tabs (on the top): This is where you would enter vendor bills, and bill payments.
- Expenses and Bills (on the bottom): This is a list of all your expenses and bills, showing the latest ones first.
- Quick Reports (on the right): This pulls together real-time data on your expenses.
Example - Entering a Bill
We are going to go through an example of entering an unpaid expense (i.e. a bill) for Adworks Advertising on June 6, 2016. Adworks Advertising has given us 30 days to pay this advertising and marketing expense.
- Supplier: Choose Adworks Advertising from the drop-down Supplier list
- Bill #: There was no bill # attached to the bill, but if there had been, the number would be entered here
- Date: Choose June 6, 2016 from the mini-calendar
- Due Date: Choose July 6, 2016 as this is 1 month from the date of the Bill
- Category: This selects the account where the expense will be accumulated to on the profit and loss statement (you have the option of directly choosing an expense account or selecting an item that is associated with an expense account). Choose the Advertising & Marketing Expense account
- Price: The price that was paid is entered, which is $500
- Sales Tax: If you are in a country that applies taxes paid to offset taxes collected (most non-US countries), then you would choose the appropriate tax. Since this is a US example, taxes do not need to be entered
- Repeat: If you would like to repeat a transaction, click on the Repeat checkbox. To learn how to use the feature, please view the article How to Repeat Transactions
- Add: The Add Bill button is clicked to enter the bill
Available Options after Clicking "Add"
You can use the Duplicate link to copy the previous bill to the input area so that you can change one or two fields and add it without having to enter all the information again. This allows users to make minor changes to the date, description, or price without re-entering all the information.
Clicking on the Edit Link will bring up the existing bill’s details, allowing you to change anything you need to change.
To add an attachment, just click on any existing transaction and you can use the Attachment Upload section to upload files. You can upload multiple files and all file types are supported.
To view attachments click on the File icon.
Click on the boxes to navigate between multiple attachments. If you would like to download the attachment, click on the Download link.
Example – Paying a Bill
- Supplier: The supplier Adworks Advertising is chosen from the drop-down list
- Paid From: This is which account the payment came from, the Bank account
- Date: The date the bill was paid, which was Dec 28, 2016
- Ref#: This field is used to enter a check number or bank transfer ID. This example will not use this field
- Outstanding Expenses List: This is a list of unpaid vendor bills. A bill can be chosen by clicking on the little blue arrows. This adds the full payment to the amount box. We choose to pay all the outstanding bills for the vendor
- Add Payment: The Add Payment button is clicked and the payment is entered
If you are looking to pay a bill via a check, please see the article Using the Check Printing Page.