Learn how to use the cheque printing page in Kashoo and all the things you can do with it.
You are able to:
Print cheques in bulk
Fully pay, or partially pay an expense
Pay multiple expenses for the same Vendor/Currency with a single cheque
Ability to preview, and print cheques again, as well a print a non-negotiable copy
Ability to mark cheques as void
Ability to export your cheques
Once you’ve ordered cheques from your bank or other cheque provider, this feature will allow you to print multiple cheques straight from your printer.
Cheques may be bought from your Financial Institution or other cheque printing provider in multiple formats. Currently, our cheque printing feature accepts this format: 3 fold, cheque on top with 2 stubs below. They must be 8.5 x 11 in size and CPA-compliant as well.
There are two different template styles to choose from:
Sample Cedar Cheque template
Sample Elm Cheque template
Note: You’ll want to be sure that the cheque stock that you purchase includes the dollar sign in the Amount in Figures area in order to keep with CPA compliance.
All previews are marked Draft. Reprints of cheques are marked Non-Negotiable. Removed cheques are marked Void. All reprints are intended to be printed out on regular paper.
Here are a couple links to cheque printing providers:
USA: Dynamic Systems
Steps to Create a Cheque
1. Go to the Bills to Pay page and create an unpaid Bill by selecting a Due Date in the Future. The terms don't matter. Due on Receipt, 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days all work (what you want to make sure is that the bill remains unpaid).
2. Go to the Cheques page.
3. Select your Date, Currency, Template, and From Account.
4. Tick off the boxes for each of the corresponding Bill for which you wish to create cheques. By ticking off the left most box, you are selecting all Bills under that Supplier. By ticking off an individual box to its right, you are selecting individual Bill under that Supplier.
5. You may reduce the amount to be paid off with this cheque, should it be different than the one stated.
6. You may also change the Pay To, and Memo fields if you wish. Ticking off the Bill Number(s) box, will input the bill number in the memo field and ticking off the Bill Memo(s) box, will input the memo from the bill(s) into the cheque memo field.
7. The last step would be to preview your chequeto ensure it appears how you wish for it to print. This can be done by pressing the Preview button.
8. When you are ready to print off your cheque, simply click the Print Cheque(s) button which will create a PDF of the cheque in a new tab of your browser. To print you would then press the printer icon in the PDF tab.
Note: When printing your page, make sure it is printing at 100% (i.e. don’t scale the print). Doing so will ensure that cheques get printed correctly and
align with the cheque paper stock.
9. Once you have begun to print off your cheques, they will appear at the bottom of the page. For an advanced view, without clicking on the actual cheque, simply right click over a line to see which bills were paid with that cheque.
Similar to exporting other reports, you can export your list of printed cheques as an Excel or CSV file.
To do so, simply click on one of the two formats found at the bottom of the Cheque Printing page.
Reprint or Viewing
To view cheques that you have printed in the past, simply click on that item from the list, and the payment details will appear.
All of the cheque information will be displayed to you in the Cheque Detail section. Here is where you are also able to reprint a non-negotiable copy, or download a printable copy for yourself.
Mark A Cheque As Void
To void a cheque, you will first need to click on the line item from your list of cheques. You will be presented with the payment details. To void the cheque, simply remove the payment. Your cheque will then be marked as Void.
Only those who have Admin or View & Edit Only access levels are able to print cheques (to change access levels, please go to the article Adding Multiple Users to Your Business).
If you are having a difficult time previewing, printing, or downloading your cheque, cheque your browser pop-up blocker. It is likely the case, that it is on.