Home > Settings > Invoicing and Payments
The Invoicing and Payments page is where your invoicing address and contact details are added, and where you can set up your Kashoo business to receive payment by credit card.
By enabling Payments, you can email your invoice to clients with a link that allows them pay you online using Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Payments are automatically logged in Kashoo, and when the money is transferred to your bank account, that Transfer transaction will also be created in Kashoo along with any associated “Payments” fees.
The Business Information section includes the Name and Contact Email address for the primary invoicing and payment contact for your company.
The address you type in the Mailing Address section will appear as the payment mailing address on your invoice.
The Additional Details section is where your website address, and business phone numbers can be added.
The Client Statement Memo section is a place to type a generic message that will appear on all invoices created within Kashoo.
Click on the Save Invoicing button when your changes in the Invoicing section are complete.
In the Payments section, you have an option to accept payment by credit card. You can view the Fee Details by clicking the link next to the rates. Be sure to read the Terms of Service, then click on the checkbox to accept them.
When you are ready, click on the Start Accepting Payments button.
Note: Clicking on the Start Accepting Payments button will not save changes to the Invoicing section. If you have made any changes there, remember to click the Save Invoicing button as well before leaving the page.
Related article: Creating Invoices and Entering Payments
To exit the Settings pages at any time, click the X in the upper right.
You will receive an email from WePay containing log in instructions to access your payment portal and setup how you want your money deposited. You can also find the login link located under the Account Mappings area, next to "Powered by WePay".
Note: Please verify your account as soon as possible to ensure all funds are deposited to you without delay.
Set Defaults and Notifications
Once you have set up your Credit Card Processing accounts you can set your default behaviors in Kashoo at the Company level and at the Customer level.
Company Default Payment Settings:
You have the option set the default way that you allow credit card payments, you can also choose to have no credit card option as your default.
Once you have set up your first credit card processing account you will now have the option to set up a Payment Notification Email. This notification will email you every time your customers pay. You don't need to do anything because the payment will automatically show up in Kashoo. But this notification lets you know in real-time who has paid you. Additionally, Kashoo will notify you if there is ever a problem when trying to process a payment.
Press Enter and If you've added an email address correctly, you'll see a green box below.
In the Clients section (accessible on left sidebar), you'll have the option to choose your default Credit Card Processor to use for a specific Client. This will save you steps when you create an Invoice.
To choose the default Credit Card Processor:
1. Click Clients (left sidebar)
2. Select desired Client from the Clients listed
3. In Client’s settings, edit the Credit Card Processor field:
Sending Invoices and Receiving Payments
In order to send invoices and receive payments, and Invoice must first exist. Either select an existing Invoice, or follow the instructions below to create a new Invoice:
- Go to Invoices (left sidebar)
- Select appropriate Client, Project (if applicable), Dates, and input Line Items, Prices, and Taxes (if applicable).
- Click the Show Options link if not already expanded
4. Set the Receivable Account to Unpaid Accounts Receivable*. If the Invoice is marked as “Paid” you will NOT be able to use Credit Card Processing for that Invoice.
*This can be “Due on Receipt”, “30 days”, “60 days” etc. as long as it is Unpaid Accounts Receivable.
If you have a default set up then when you email the invoice it will have a payment link on it for your customer to pay you online. You can also override how you want to accept payments per invoice by changing the Allow credit card payment via field.
5. Once all desired fields are populated, click “Add Invoice”. An Invoice cannot be emailed if it has not been created. Once an Invoice has been created a dialogue will appear (this is a temporary dialogue box).
6. Click Email to email the Invoice to the Client. There will be a message on the bottom of the Email pop-up letting you know which processor is associated with that Invoice. Enter in any additional information you want into the body of the email and click Send.
What Your Customer Will See
1. Your customer will receive an email that contains a link, allowing them to pay the invoice online using their credit card.
2. When your customer clicks on the link they will go to a page that outlines the details of the invoice.
3. When your customer clicks on Pay Invoice a pop up will appear and they will be asked to input their billing details and click on Pay Now.
4. They will then be taken to a Payment Complete Screen, where they will have the option to Print Receipt.
- If you have multiple credit card processing accounts set up in Kashoo, you can update the one you have set on any given invoice at will. Your customer will pay using the processor that you have selected in Kashoo. If you have already sent out an invoice with a payment link to your customer and later change the processor in Kashoo, your customer will pay based on your latest changes in Kashoo -- all without you having to re-send the invoice.
- If you disconnect your Credit Card Processing accounts, all payment links that have been sent via email will be voided. If you reconnect your Credit Card accounts, you will need to send out the invoices with new payment links on them.
- If your Kashoo subscription is not valid, all your payment links will be inactive.
- User access level of Creator or Admin required in order to access the Credit Card Processing page to configure the settings.
- Once payment is processed funds are deposited within 2-5 business days.
- You can't send an invoice with a payment link when your period lock end date is set in the future.
- If you had sent an invoice with a payment link and then later change your period lock end date to a date in the future, when your customer pays their invoice, the payment will be processed normally, but the payment will not be recorded in Kashoo. You will need to manually record this.
- If the customer attempts to pay an invoice that has already been paid, they will see a message indicating there is no amount due and to contact the business owner for details.
Refunding Payments to Clients (who paid using the Pay Invoice link)
1. To initiate a refund to a Client who used Payments, you must first refund from the Payment Processor.
2. Next, in Kashoo, select the Invoice that needs to be refunded and follow the Kashoo Refund Help Article for Refund options.* NOTE: Issuing a refund in Kashoo will NOT refund a payment made via Payments.