A bank reconciliation report is provided in a PDF format so that it can easily be shared with others, like your accountant.
To generate the report, go to Banking.
Click on an existing saved bank reconciliation.
Then scroll down to the bottom of the Bank Statement Reconciliation page and click on Report.
You will then need to enter the ending balance on your bank statement.
A PDF will be generated and you can save it to your computer. The report looks like this:
The top section report contains the summary of transactions, whereas the bottom contains the details of outstanding deposits, outstanding withdrawals, and cleared items. Here's what everything means:
- Bank Reconciliation: The name of the account being reconciled
- Statement Date: The end date of the bank statement
- Bank Statement Balance: The balance as of the Statement Date (i.e. the ending balance)
- Outstanding Deposits: Deposits that have not cleared the account
- Sub-total: The Bank Statement Balance plus Outstanding Deposits
- Outstanding Withdrawals: Withdrawals that have not cleared the account
- Ending Balance: The Bank Statement Balance plus Outstanding Deposits and Outstanding Withdrawals
- Ending G/L Balance: The account balance in Kashoo as of the Statement Date
- Difference: This is the difference between the Bank Statement Balance and the Ending G/L Balance. If the reconciliation is accurate, there should be no difference. If there's a difference, you should view the article "Bank Reconciliation Tips and Tricks" to find out how to fix it.
- Cleared Items: Reconciled transactions (i.e. transactions found in your Kashoo account that match those in your bank statement)