The Income section can be accessed by tapping on Income from the list view.
Overview of Income section
The income section shows all the invoices you have issued to clients. The initial view is All Clients.
From this screen you can:
- Tap on any invoice to see the detailed view and edit it.
- Search for a specific client in the search box
- Create a new transaction by tapping the Create icon in the top right
- The amount of money owing from all clients is displayed on the top bar under All Clients as Accounts Receivables. To see the amount owed by a specific client, tap on that client
- If an invoice is not due yet, you will see how many days until the invoice is due to be paid
- If an invoice is overdue, you will see how many days the invoice is overdue by
- If an invoice does not have any notes, it has been paid
If you want to see any details of an invoice, just tap and you will get some additional information, as well as the ability to:
- Edit the transaction
- Duplicate the transaction
- Share the transaction
Add or Edit a Client
- Search or scroll for the client you want to work with
- Tap on the Client to view
- Tap on Edit to make changes to the client
- Tap on the + icon to add a new client
Create an Invoice
To create a new invoice:
- Tap on the Create icon on the top right-hand side
- Tap on Income
You now see the quick entry window. All you need to do is:
- Type in an Amount
- Select a Date
- Select a Client
- Add a Tax
- Select the Paid To… field to choose the payments terms: such as bank account if the client has paid or accounts receivable if you have given the client some time to pay
- Select an Income account. This is the category you want to use to accumulate the sales of this product or service
- You can also attach a picture by tapping on the paperclip icon
- To create the invoice, you simply tap on Save
- If you want to add more details to the invoice, you can tap on More
The quick entry method is great for income that you receive for which you don’t need to send out invoices for.
Hitting More will pop up the What You See is What You Get invoice view. You are able to tap on, and edit, any portion of the client invoice. The extra options available to you in this view are:
- The ability to add a due date
- The ability to add an invoice #
- The ability to add a description, unit cost, and quantity to a line item
- The ability to add additional line items
- The ability to add a payment
- The ability to add a memo
One quick tip is that when you add a tax, you will have two instances of it show up.
- The first one will have a plus sign. In most scenarios, you will be selecting the plus tax. This just means that tax is being added on top of the price.
- The second one will have a minus sign. If you were selling something with the taxes included, you’d use the minus tax item and it will deduct the tax from the price to record the value of the sale correctly.
Generate an invoice number
When you create an invoice, an invoice number needs to be generated syncing the iPad. Once you’ve entered and finalized an invoice, swipe down on the transaction history list. A sync will be performed, an invoice number generated, and now you can send the invoice to the client.
Sharing the invoice
You can share an invoice by:
- Tapping on the invoice
- Tapping on the share icon
You will see a preview of the invoice. If you like what you see, tap on the share icon again.
This will provide the options to AirDrop, Message, Mail, or Print the invoice.
When you tap on Mail it pops up a pre-filled out invoice for you to send.
Note: In order to print, you need AirPrint capability.
Receive a payment
There are 2 ways to receive a payment - Create a Payment or Add a Payment to an existing invoice.
Create a Payment
- Tap the Create icon in the top right
- Tap Payment
- Tap Invoice Payment
- Select Client
- Select Paid To (the account the money should be allocated to)
- Tap More to enter a Description
Add a Payment
- Tap on the client's invoice
- Tap on Edit
- Add payment
- Choose a Date
- You can use the Description field if you like, for example, if the client paid by check you can enter that information here
- Choose a Payment Account. This selects which of your accounts you will deposit the payment into
- Enter the Amount
- Tap Save