Home > Contacts
Contacts are a central part of the new Kashoo. This is where you will see all the customers and vendors with whom you do business. Any transactions related to a given contact will appear on their individual Contact page which you can see by clicking on their name in the list.
Create a Contact
Contacts can be created in two ways.
Contacts are created automatically when transactions that are associated with a contact are cleared from your Smart Inbox. Kashoo identifies a new contact and dynamically creates the contact record on your behalf with all the transactions which are associated with it.
To create a Contact manually, click on the + Add menu above the Contact list, then click on the Add an Individual or Add a Company option. Complete the form with as much detail as you have, then click on the Save button. You can store the following information for a contact:
- Name First and Last name for an Individual or Company name for a Company
- Email is the primary email address for the contact. This will be the default email address used when you send them an invoice.
- Phone Number for the contact's primary point of contact.
- Address fields for street address, city, state/province, country, and zip/postal code
- Business Number
- Shipping Address fields if they are different from the main address
For each contact, Kashoo displays the total amount of sales and any bills paid for this contact in the top-right corner of the page. Below that you will see a list of transactions that you have created for them.
Edit a Contact
Click on the Contact name, then click on the Edit Contact link above the transaction list. All of the contact details are editable.
If you need a different street address for shipping, uncheck the "Use same address for shipping" checkbox; a new set of address fields for "Shipping Details" will appear.
Click on the Save button when your edits are complete.
Remove a Contact
On occasion you may need to delete a Contact.
Click on the Edit Contact link. In the Edit window, click on the 3-dot menu then click the Remove option. In the popup, click the Remove button to confirm. The Transactions will be retained and can be linked to another Contact from the Transactions page when you are ready.
Edit a Contact's Transactions
Transactions related with a given contact can be edited from the Contacts page. Check the checkbox to the left of the transaction to open the Edit window or click on the Deposit field even if there is no value for that transaction.
From the Edit window, anything that can be changed from Transactions or Invoices can be changed here. You can send an invoice or record a payment. A transaction can also be returned to your Smart Inbox. For those that you created manually or that were imported from a file, they can be removed from your Kashoo business. For transactions that were created from a bank feed, the "Date" and "Amount" values cannot be edited, nor can the transaction be removed from your business.
Generate a Customer Statement
For customers, with billing history a Generate Statement button will appear above their transaction list enabling you to generate detailed or summary statements that provide them a clear picture of where their account stands.
- The Activity statement type generates a detailed tally of invoices, payments, and credits. It also shows summary amounts that were invoiced, paid, and credited, along with the beginning, ending, and current balances and any overdue amount.
- The Summary statement type generates a simplified list of outstanding invoices. The summary amounts on this statement show current invoice balance due, past due aging, any credits applied, and the total due.
Related article: Client Statements