Home > Invoices
To create and manage invoices that you send to your clients in Kashoo, click on Invoices in the menu.
You can sort, group, and filter the invoices associated with your business. The mini report at the top of the screen, shows the sales numbers that are most critical to the business.
In addition to color-coded status of your invoices regarding payment in the STATUS column, the green Payment icon indicates that Kashoo has found a payment that can be applied to a given invoice.
Create an Invoice
To create a new invoice, click on the + New button above the invoice list. This will open the Invoice Editor. When creating a new invoice, the following fields are available to edit:
- Invoice Number
- Invoice Date
- Due Date
- Table of invoice items
- About This Invoice memo
The due date defaults to the date you create the invoice. Click on the "Due Date" field to change it. You can choose a specific calendar day or select one of the standard terms which will set that date dynamically for you.
If you have more than one item to add to your invoice, click on the the + Add another invoice item link to enter a new item.
If your business is registered to charge sales tax, the taxes for each item will be calculated for you based on the chosen sales tax(es). If your business is not registered to charge sales tax, the Tax column will not appear in the items list.
If you have attachments you want to associate with the invoice, you can click on the 3-Dot Menu above the Total in the right pane, or click the Attach link to the right of the "About this invoice" field at the bottom. The two options allow you to choose a file either from your device or one that has already been uploaded through your invoice and is now in your "gallery".
The Save button has multiple options. Click on the dropdown icon to the right to choose an option other than the default.
- Save performs an interim save on the current Invoice. This is the default button choice. Anything you added to that point will be saved, and the invoice window will be in Edit mode so you can continue adding items and updating other details.
- Save & New will save and close the current invoice, then open a new blank invoice. If you enter a number of invoices in one sitting, this option helps streamline that process.
- Save & Exit saves and closes the invoice you just completed and returns you to the list of all invoices.
- Preview & Send launches a Send Invoice window with a preview of the saved invoice you wish to send for your final review, along with distribution details that you can change.
Send Invoice Window
The preview of the invoice you will send appears on the right. If your logo has been added to your Business Details page, it will appear above your sender information. The "Issued by:" details, including the billing contact name and address, will come from the Invoicing and Payments page, if you have set them up.
Any information you added to the "About this invoice" field will appear in a Memo at the bottom of the itemized invoice.
The distribution details pane on the left contains several fields:
- Client Name appears at the top. Although "Client" is not a required field to create an invoice, you can not send the invoice without one. If this row is empty, close the window by clicking the X or the Cancel button, then add a client to your invoice; then click Preview & Send from the Save button options again.
- Send to includes the email address of the client to whom the invoice is linked. If no email address has been added, click into the field to type in a valid email address. If you wish, you can send the invoice to multiple people, by typing in more than one email address.
- The Include payment link checkbox will appear if your account has been setup to accept online credit card payments. Check this checkbox if you want the Make a Payment button to appear on the invoice.
- Email Message is an optional message that will appear in the body of the email above the invoice.
Note: The option to accept payment by credit card is only available on invoices that are issued in the home currency of your business (CAD or USD). If you create an invoice in a different currency, you will not have the option to accept payment by credit card on that invoice.
If payments have been received, they will appear below the memo. You can also use the Preview & Send option to send confirmation that the invoice is paid in full. In this case, the Include payment link checkbox will not appear regardless of whether online payments have been setup.
Click on the Send Email button when you are ready.
For payments that have been deposited to a connected bank account, Kashoo recommends not entering the payment manually. Instead, wait for the payment to be received through the bank feed, and it will be matched to the invoice automatically.
Click on the green Payment Found icon, to open the payment match window.
You will have a chance to review the details of the matched payment to confirm it should be associated with your invoice.
If you are not anticipating an exact deposit for balances due on your invoice, click the Payments button to enter a payment manually.
For manually entered payments, the funds can be categorized as coming from an Undeposited Funds or Cash account. Just be sure to categorize any deposits that will be used to pay invoices as transfers to your Undeposited Funds or Cash account when they are received.
Multiple payments can be associated with an Invoice. When each payment is made, Kashoo indicates the updated balance.
Incorrect payments can be removed from the Payments screen. Manually entered payments will be deleted. But, matched payments will be simply returned to the Inbox so they may be matched to other invoices, or categorized as needed.
Delete an Invoice
There are 2 ways to delete an invoice.
One or more invoices can be selected from the Invoices list or the Contact's transactions list by clicking on the checkbox preceding the item(s), then clicking the delete icon above the list.
If you are viewing the invoice, you can delete it by choosing the Remove option from the 3-Dot Menu.
In both cases, a window will confirm you want to remove the item(s) before completing the deletion.
Related article: Contacts